Who We Are
GRHE exists to support and encourage those who are home educating and to act as a source of information to those considering educating their children at home. GRHE is a Christian organization and we seek to bring glory to God in all that we do.
The stated purposes of GRHE are as follows:
- To foster understanding by parents of their God-given responsibilities for the education of their children.
- To encourage those who are educating children at home.
- To provide a source of information to those who are considering home education.
- To provide a vehicle for sharing the specialized skills and knowledge of individuals within the body of parents educating their children in the home.
- To aid the parents in their understanding of and their exercising of constitutionally guaranteed rights and provisions of Virginia law.
- To provide a forum for the collection and dissemination of information concerning political developments which relate to home education in Virginia and other states; to foster awareness of the political process and of developments which impact education.
- To preserve and foster development of spontaneity and initiative by indivduals in Greater Roanoke Hme Educators, resulting in the growth and effectiveness of the organization.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
There is one God who exists eternally in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; and who created and maintains the world and all things in it including man.
The Holy Bible is the only divinely inspired written revelation of God’s dealings with and will for man. It is God’s Word in its entirety; it is complete; and it is without error in all matters of fact and doctrine.
God created man in a state of fellowship with Him. But man, through disobedience, fell from this state and became sinful by nature and deed, for which he stands condemned.
To redeem men from their fallen state and the penalty of their sins, God the Son, through the Virgin Birth, became incarnate as the man Jesus of Nazareth who was fully human and fully God. He lived a sinless life, this life being given on the cross in substitution for man’s sin. Upon completion of this substitutionary death, He was resurrected and dwells in Heaven today.
Man cannot save himself from his fallen state, but his salvation from this state into eternal presence with God is available to him if he accepts by faith the birth, the substitutionary death, the resurrection, and the deity of Christ.